- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
At a Glance
- 19th-century feel, but modern and business-friendly
- A 20- to 30-minute walk to downtown
Check Rates from our Partners
Swantown Inn Review
Antiques and lace ornament every room of this stylish, peak-roofed Victorian inn, built as a mansion in 1893 and then used for many years as a boardinghouse. Resting high above fragrant gardens and landscaped lawns, the rooms have views of the capitol and the inn's breezy gazebo. The Astoria Suite has a four-poster bed and a two-person hot tub; the smaller Columbia Room has a claw-foot tub. Breakfasts are a treat and might include Italian Parmesan eggs or a hearty egg soufflé.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We are traveling to Thompson Falls, MT this summer to spend a couple of days with friends. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more