When to Go
When to Go
Summer, with its long stretches of sun-filled days, is prime touring time for Olympic National Park. June through September are the peak months; Hurricane Ridge, the Hoh Rain Forest, Lake Crescent, and Ruby Beach are bustling by 10 am.
Late spring and early autumn are also good bets for clear weather; any time between April and October, and you'll have a good chance of fair skies. Between Thanksgiving and Easter, it's a toss-up as to which days will turn out fair; prepare for heavy clouds, rain showers, and chilly temperatures, then hope for the best.
Winter is a great time to visit if you enjoy isolation. Locals are usually the only hardy souls during this time, except for weekend skiers heading to the snowfields around Hurricane Ridge. Many visitor facilities have limited hours or are closed from October to April.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $139 & Up: Cheap Port Angeles Stay Hotels.com
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Super 8 Port Angeles Fr $97+/Nt Expedia
- Save $$ in Port Angeles: Book Fr $137+/Nt — $137 Hotels.com
- Days Inn Port Angeles on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $99+/Nt — $99 Expedia
- Explore Port Angeles For Less! Book Fr $150+/Nt — $150 Hotels.com