Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Fort Worden State Park Conference Center
At a Glance
- myriad activities
- acres of waterfront for play
- historic ambience
- summer crowds
- no TV, Internet, or air-conditioning in the houses
Check Rates from our Partners
Fort Worden State Park Conference Center Review
The 330-acre Fort Worden, built as a late-19th-century gun emplacement to guard the mouth of the Puget Sound, gained a new purpose when enterprising souls turned the spacious Victorian homes on officer's row into one of the more memorable lodgings on the Olympic Peninsula. The charming houses are furnished with antique reproductions, and the former soldiers' barracks have been turned into dormitories, which can accommodate 365 guests. The old fort is a magical place for children, with an artillery museum, a marine science center, and a graceful old lighthouse. A café is open daily in summer and weekends during the off-season. It's 1 mile north of Port Townsend.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more