Winter Sports in Olympic National Park
Hurricane Ridge is the central spot for winter sports. Miles of downhill and Nordic ski tracks are open late December through March, and a ski lift, towropes, and ski school are open 10 to 4 weekends and holidays. Tubing areas for adults and children are open Friday through Sunday across from Hurricane Ridge Lodge.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center. Rent snowshoes and ski equipment here December through March for $17 to $42. Free 90-minute snowshoe tours depart from here weekends from mid-December through March. Groups of 7–30 people can register in advance by phone for the 10:30 tour. The 2 pm tour is first-come, first-served, with sign-ups beginning at 1:30. A $5 per person donation is requested to cover trail and equipment maintenance. Hurricane Ridge Rd., Port Angeles, WA, 98362. 360/565–3131 information; 360/565–3136 tour reservations. www.nps.gov/olym.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's