Rafting in Olympic National Park
Olympic has excellent rafting rivers, with Class II to Class V rapids. The Elwha River is a popular place to paddle, with some exciting turns. The Hoh is better for those who like a smooth, easy float.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Olympic Raft and Kayak. Based in Port Angeles, this is the only rafting outfit that offers trips on the restored Elwha River in Olympic National Park. 123 Lake Aldwell Rd., Port Angeles, WA, 98363. 360/452–5268 or 888/452–1443. www.raftandkayak.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe