- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rafting is popular from March to July; the prime high-country runoff occurs in May and June. The Wenatchee River, which runs through Leavenworth, is considered one of the best white-water rivers in the state—a Class III on the International Canoeing Association scale.
Alpine Adventures conducts challenging white-water and relaxing river floats through spectacular scenery. An all-day Wenatchee River drift costs $79 (lunch included); a half-day drift is $64 (no lunch). The Methow River drift is $79. Leavenworth. 206/323-1220 or 800/723-8386. www.alpineadventures.com.
Blue Sky Outfitters makes half- and full-day rafting trips on the Methow and Wenatchee rivers. Leavenworth. 509/682-8026. www.blueskyoutfitters.com.
Osprey Rafting Co. offers 4½-hour trips on the Wenatchee River for $74, which includes wet suits and booties, transportation, and lunch; a $56, two-hour trip includes gear and transportation but no lunch. Icicle Rd., Leavenworth. 509/548-6800 or 800/743-6269. www.ospreyrafting.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $76.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Bellingham Hotwire
- $80 & Up: Cheap Bellingham Stay Hotels.com
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bellingham Hotwire
- Starting Fr $153: Great Bellingham Price — $153 Save with Hotels.com, $17/night less
- $15.95 & up : Economy rentals in Bellingham — $16 Hotwire