- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
More than 20 mi of cross-country ski trails lace the Leavenworth area. In winter enjoy a Nordic ski jump, snowboarding, tubing, and really great downhill and cross-country skiing at Leavenworth Ski Hill. In summer, enjoy the wildflowers or view the Leavenworth Summer Theatre's production of The Sound of Music. The ski hill is 1 mi north of downtown Leavenworth. The Play All Day Pass is $22; there's also a Nordic Day Pass ($15), an Alpine Day Pass ($15), and a Tubing Pass ($15). Ski Hill Dr., Leavenworth. 509/548-5477. www.skileavenworth.com.
Stevens Pass has snowboarding and cross-country skiing as well as 37 major downhill runs and slopes for skiers of every level. Lift tickets cost $60. Summit Stevens Pass, U.S. 2, Skykomish. 360/973-2441 or 360/634-1645. www.stevenspass.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $74.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Bellingham Hotwire
- Starting Fr $80: Great Bellingham Price Hotels.com
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bellingham Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Bellingham this May Fr $153+/Nt — $153 Expedia
- $15.95 & up : Economy rentals in Bellingham — $16 Hotwire