Getting Here and Around
When the North Cascades Highway is open, Winthrop can be reached via that scenic route; it takes about 3 hours, 45 minutes from Seattle. The rest of the year, it will take about an extra hour via Stevens Pass (Hwy. 2) or Snoqualmie Pass (I–90 then Hwy. 970 to Hwy. 2) to Wenatchee then north via Hwys. 97, 153, and 20. From Spokane, Winthrop is about 3½ hours west via Hwy. 2, then Hwys. 174, 17, 97, 153, and 20.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's