Mission Ridge Ski Area. Four lifts, 33 downhill runs, powder snow, and some 30 miles of marked cross-country trails make Mission Ridge one of Washington's most popular ski areas. There's a 2,100-foot vertical drop, and the snowmaker scatters whiteness from the top to bottom slopes during the season. Snowboarding is allowed. Lift tickets cost $53 per day. 7500 Mission Ridge Rd., Wenatchee, WA, 98807. 509/663–6543; 800/374–1693 snow conditions. www.missionridge.com. mid-Nov.–Apr., Thurs.–Mon. 9–4 (daily during school breaks).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's