Stehekin Valley Ranch
At a Glance
- many activities
- free vehicle use with kitchen cabins
- no bathrooms in tent cabins
Stehekin Valley Ranch Review
Alongside pretty meadows at the edge of pine forest, this classic ranch is a center for hikers and horseback riders, who stay in barnlike cabins with cedar paneling, tile floors, and a private bath, or canvas-roof tent cabins with bunk beds, kerosene lamps, and shared bathrooms. Two kitchen cabins have modern equipment. Enormous breakfasts and meaty dinner buffets are turned out family-style at picnic tables in the rustic wood restaurant. Rates for ranch and tent cabins include accommodations, linens, meals, and transport from Stehekin Landing. Credit cards are accepted only by phone.
- Address: 9 miles north of Stehekin Landing, Stehekin Valley Rd., Stehekin, WA 98852
- Phone: 509/682–4677; 800/536–0745
- Website: www.stehekinvalleyranch.com
- Location: Chelan
- 7 tent cabins (shared bathroom), 8 cabins.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.–mid-June.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more