Fodor's Pacific Northwest
The Windmill Review
The comfortable old roadhouse, gamely topped by a windmill, was built in 1931. Here it's all about home-style food, particularly steak: famous entrées include whiskey pepper steak (pepper-coated New York strip sautéed, flamed with whiskey, and finished with mushrooms in a rich demi-glace) and the marinated tenderloin chunks. Seafood isn't overlooked, though; try the charbroiled salmon coated with apple brandy barbecue sauce. Desserts include fresh-baked pies and regional wines are on offer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am an Australian travelling to the West Coast for 4 weeks. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more