Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Sun Mountain Lodge
At a Glance
- stunning setting
- a wide array of outdoor activities year-round
- panoramic views
- award-winning dining
- warm hospitality
- limited cell service
- roundabout route from Seattle in winter
Check Rates from our Partners
Sun Mountain Lodge Review
The stunning North Cascades and all its attractions are the stars of this outdoor-oriented resort set 3,000-feet up in the foothills, with spectacular mountain views and a range of activities that make it a year-round destination, whether the peaks are covered in snow or wildflowers. The Mt. Gardner and Mt. Robinson buildings provide the best accommodations, with fireplaces and private patios or balconies. Mt. Robinson rooms have jetted tubs, and double doors above them slide open so guests can enjoy the scenery while they soak. (Only four rooms in the main lodge include TVs– the ones without a view.) Spacious luxury cabins skirting the shores of Lake Patterson are also available. The property offers outdoor pools and hot tubs, tennis courts, 100 miles of hiking, horseback riding, boating on Patterson Lake, and skiing trails, plus special events—like the barbecue Cowboy Dinner or Breakfast, to which guests can ride on horseback or in a horse-drawn wagon or sleigh. The upscale Dining Room serves fine Pacific Northwest fare while Wolf Creek Bar and Grill is more casual.
- Address: 604 Patterson Lake Rd., Winthrop, WA 98862 | Map It
- Phone: 509/996–2211; 800/572–0493
- Website: www.sunmountainlodge.com
- Location: Winthrop
- 86 rooms, 10 suites, 16 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed: Late-Oct.–early Dec. and Mar.–early Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am an Australian travelling to the West Coast for 4 weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more