Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mt. Baker–Snoqualmie National Forest
Mt. Baker–Snoqualmie National Forest Review
A vast area, including much of the mountain and forest land around North Cascades National Park, the forest has many trails, but because the snowline is quite low in Washington State, the upper ridges and mountains are covered by snow much of the year. This makes for a short hiking, climbing, and mountain-biking season, usually from mid-July to mid-September or October—but winter brings skiing and snowmobiling. The wildflower season is also short, but it's spectacular; expect fall color by late August or early September. The 10,778-foot-high, snow-covered volcanic dome of Mt. Baker is visible from much of Whatcom County and from as far north as Vancouver and as far south as Seattle.
- Address: Ranger Station: 1405 Emens Ave. N, Darrington, WA 98241 | Map It
- Phone: 360/783–6000 Everett office; 800/627–0062 toll free; 360/436–1155 Darrington Ranger District office; 206/470–4060 Outdoor Recreation Information
- Cost: $5
- Hours: Daily 24 hrs
- Website: www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs
- Location: Glacier
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I've been trying to plan a week in Seattle in June which I've visited many times. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more