Getting Here and Around
From Seattle, Leavenworth can be reached by either of Washington's most-developed mountain passes—Stevens (Hwy. 2) or Snoqualmie (I–90, then a short jog up Hwy. 97/Blewett Pass); either takes about 2½ hours. From Spokane, traveling west via Hwy. 2 takes about 3½ hours. Amtrak's Empire Builder now makes daily trips from Spokane and Seattle to Leavenworth, and Greyhound Bus Lines also serves the town.
Amtrak (800/872–7245. www.amtrak.com.)
Greyhound Bus Lines (509/548–9601. www.greyhound.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe