More than 20 miles of cross-country ski trails lace the Leavenworth area.
Leavenworth Ski Hill. In winter enjoy a Nordic ski jump, snowboarding, tubing, and really great downhill and cross-country skiing here. In summer, come for the wildflowers or to catch the Leavenworth Summer Theatre's production of The Sound of Music. The ski hill is 1 mile north of downtown Leavenworth. The Play All Day Pass is $25; there's also a Nordic Day Pass ($15), an Alpine Day Pass ($15), and a Tubing Pass ($17). Ski Hill Dr., Leavenworth, WA, 98826. 509/548–5477. www.skileavenworth.com.
Stevens Pass. There's snowboarding and cross-country skiing here as well as 37 major downhill runs and slopes for skiers of every level. Lift tickets cost $65. U.S. 2, Summit Stevens Pass, 51 miles west of Leavenworth, Skykomish, WA, 98288. 206/812–4510. www.stevenspass.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's