The Leavenworth Ranger District has more than 320 miles of scenic trails, among them Hatchery Creek, Icicle Ridge, the Enchantments, Tumwater Canyon, Fourth of July Creek, Snow Lake, Stuart Lake, and Chatter Creek. Both of the following sell the Northwest Forest Pass ($5 day pass; $30 annual pass), which is required year-round for parking at trailheads and for camping in the upper Chiwawa Valley.
Lake Wenatchee Ranger Station. Updates on trails and fire closures are available here. 22976 Hwy. 207, Leavenworth, WA, 98826. 509/763–3103.
Leavenworth Ranger District. Contact this district office for information on area hikes. 600 Sherburne St., Leavenworth, WA, 98826. 509/548–6977.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's