Sports and the Outdoors
Mt. Baker Ski Area. Here you can snowboard and ski downhill or cross-country from roughly November to the end of April. The area set a world snowfall record in winter 1998–99. Ski and snowboard equipment is available to rent. 17 miles east of Glacier at end of Hwy. 542, Glacier, WA, 98229. 360/734–6771; 360/671–0211 snow reports. www.mtbakerskiarea.com. Lift ticket $49 weekdays, $54 weekends and holidays.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe