North Central Washington Feature
Top Reasons to Go to North Central Washington
Winter sports: The nonprofit Methow Valley Sport Trails Association maintains 120 miles of groomed trails in the North Cascades during winter, when the region is also busy with snowmobiling, heli-skiing, snowshoeing and other winter sports.
Summer sports: The groomed trails of winter are used for mountain biking, trail running, and hiking when the snow melts. Mountain lakes, ridges and rivers also provide a perfect playground.
Cascade Loop: Visitors to the North Cascades don'thaveto be athletic. This scenic byway circles through the mountains, offering some 400 miles of stunning sights. have to be athletic. This scenic byway circles through the mountains, offering some 400 miles of stunning sights.
Winthrop: With its wagon wheels, wooden sidewalks, false fronts, and hitching posts, this riverside town gives a glimpse into the Old West.
Leavenworth: This Bavarian-style mountain town lights up for the holidays, Oktoberfest, and its annual accordion festival.Updated: 08-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's