Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce (102 E. Johnson Ave., Chelan, WA, 98816. 509/682–3503 or 800/424–3536. www.lakechelan.com.)
Purple Point Information Center. Rangers here offer guidance on hiking and camping and information about the national parks and recreation areas. This is a good place to pick up permits and passes. Maps and concise displays explain the complicated ecology of the valley, which encompasses in its length virtually every ecosystem in the Northwest. Hours vary in spring and fall. Stehekin Valley Rd., ¼ mile north of Stehekin Landing, Stehekin, WA, 98852. 360/856–5700. Mid-Mar.–mid-Oct., daily 8:30–5.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's