North Cascades National Park Feature
Top Reasons to Go to North Cascades National Park
Pure wilderness: Nearly 400 mi of mountain and meadow trails immerse hikers in pristine natural panoramas, with sure sightings of bald eagles, deer, elk, and other wildlife.
Majestic glaciers: The North Cascades are home to 318 moving ice masses, more than half of the glaciers in the United States.
Splendid flora: A bright palette of flowers blankets the hillsides in midsummer, while October's colors paint the landscape in vibrant autumn hues.
Thrilling boat rides: Lake Chelan, Lake Ross, and the Stehekin River are the starting points for kayaking, white-water rafting, and ferry trips.
19th-century history: Delve into the state's farming, lumber, and logging pasts in clapboard towns and homesteads around the park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's