Bicycling in North Cascades National Park
Mountain bikes are permitted on all highways, unpaved back roads, and a few designated tracks around the park; however, you can't take a bike on any footpaths. Ranger stations have details on the best places to ride in each season, as well as notes on spots that are closed due to weather, mud, or other environmental factors. It's $15 round-trip to bring a bike on the Lake Chelan ferry.
Discovery Bikes. You can rent mountain bikes at a self-serve rack in front of the Courtney Log Office in Stehekin. Helmets are included. 509/682–3014. www.stehekindiscoverybikes.com. $4 per hr, $15 per half-day, $20 per day, $25 per 24 hrs; $35 for Ranch breakfast ride.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe