- Pure wilderness Nearly 400 miles of mountain and meadow trails immerse hikers in pristine natural panoramas, with sure sightings of bald eagles, deer, elk, and other wildlife.
- Majestic glaciers The North Cascades are home to several hundred moving ice masses, more than half of the glaciers in the United States.
- Splendid flora A bright palette of flowers blankets the hillsides in midsummer, while October's colors paint the landscape in vibrant autumn hues.
- Thrilling boat rides Lake Chelan, Lake Ross, and the Stehekin River are the starting points for kayaking, white-water rafting, and ferry trips.
- 19th-century history Delve into the state's farming, lumber, and logging pasts in clapboard towns and homesteads around the park.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More