North Cascades National Park Travel Guide
Fodor's Around Washington, D.C. with Kids
Countless snow-clad mountain spires dwarf narrow glacial valleys in this 505,000-acre expanse of the North Cascades, which actually encompasses three diverse natural areas. North Cascades National Park is the core of the region, flanked by Lake Chelan National Recreation Area to the south and Ross Lake National Recreation Area to the north; all are part of the Stephen T. Mather Wilderness Area. This is an utterly spectacular gathering of snowy peaks, glacial meadows, plunging canyons, and cold, deep-blue lakes. Traditionally the lands of several American Indian tribes, it's fitting that it's still completely wild—and wildlife filled.
Accommodations in North Cascades National Park are rustic, cozy, and comfortable. Options range from plush Stehekin lodges and homey cabin rentals to spartan...read more
There are no formal restaurants in North Cascades National Park, just a lakeside café at the North Cascades Environmental Learning Center. The only...read more
Things To Do in North Cascades National Park
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $131-$178 -- Seattle: Hilton Hotel w/City Views, Save 55% Expedia
- $179-$189 -- 4-Star Seattle Hotel over July Fourth Week Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $19.99 per day -- Rent a Chevrolet Cruze in Seattle Sixt Rent a Car
- $176-$204 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel Through Summer — $176-$204 Holiday Inn Seattle
Pure wilderness: Nearly 400 mi of mountain and meadow trails immerse hikers in pristine natural panoramas, with sure sightings of bald eagles... Read more
Bald eagles are present year-round along the Skagit River and the various lakes—although in December, hundreds flock to the Skagit to feed... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's ... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more