- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cave B Inn and Spa
At a Glance
- fantastic place to stargaze
- quiet and secluded
- gorgeous accommodations
- very expensive during Gorge Amphitheatre events
- no local meal options besides on-site restaurant
Check Rates from our Partners
Cave B Inn and Spa Review
Washington's first destination winery resort is built on (and into) ancient basalt cliffs 900 feet above the Columbia River; its 15 cliffhouses, cavern (with 12 rooms), and inn all designed to blend into the natural environment, with exterior walls of precast concrete embedded with rocks. Tendrils restaurant ($$-$$$), highlights local produce and Northwest beef and seafood, complemented by wines produced on-site (guests can tour the winery). A pleasant spa offers an array of treatments. River views are stunning from the outdoor pool. Bikes can be rented, and there are hikes down to the river and past waterfalls. Luxury yurts (open April-October) have views of the river or vineyards and provide a bucolic experience and lower-cost option. Dogs are welcome in some of the units.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
I am beginning to plan a new trip in the northwest, and Washington in particular. Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more