- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Marcus Whitman Hotel
At a Glance
- range of accommodations available
- downtown location
- full breakfast buffet and parking included
- no pool
- no bathtubs in historic rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Marcus Whitman Hotel Review
This 1928 hotel is the landmark in downtown Walla Walla, and guest quarters include spacious two-room parlor suites and spa suites in the historic tower building. Adorned with Renaissance-style Italian furnishings and lots of amenities, these rooms are well worth the splurge. Ask for a high floor to enjoy the best city and hillside views. For business guests or those on a budget, the West Wing rooms are more standard hotel style. The Marc restaurant ($$–$$$) has fine dining and a wine list that has won several awards from the Washington Wine Commission. You can sample local wines at the Vineyard Lounge.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Any suggestions for safest route to take from Grand Rapids, MI to Vancouver, WA at the end of this month (March 2014)? Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more