- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Steamboat Rock State Park
Steamboat Rock State Park Review
Here, a 2,200-foot-high flat-topped lava butte rises 1,000 feet above Banks Lake, the 31-mile-long irrigation reservoir filled with water from Lake Roosevelt by giant pumps and siphons. Water is distributed from the south end of the lake throughout the Columbia Basin. The state park has campsites, a swimming area, and boat ramps. In summer it's popular with boaters and anglers, and in winter there's Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, and ice fishing.
- Address: 51052 Hwy. 155, 16 miles north of Coulee City Electric City, WA 99123 | Map It
- Phone: 360/902–8844; 888/226–7688
- Cost: Discover Pass (valid at all state parks) $10 per day or $30 for a year; campsites $23–$32
- Hours: Daily 6:30–dusk
- Website: www.parks.wa.gov
- Location: Coulee Dam National Recreation Area
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more