- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Virginia Beach has no shortage of parking lots and spaces. The cost for a day of parking is about $5 to $7 at the central beach lots and $4 or $5 for the remote beach areas. Municipal lots/decks are at 4th Street (metered only), 9th Street and Pacific Avenue, 19th Street and Pacific Avenue, 25th Street and Pacific Avenue, 31st Street and Atlantic Avenue, and Croatan and Sandbridge beaches. Metered spaces have a three-hour limit.
Bikes (two- or four-wheel) can be rented at several shops and hotels along the beach for $4 to $20 per hour. In Virginia Beach there are numerous locations along the boardwalk where you can rent bikes. Rental shops away from the boardwalk are more reasonable and have better bikes. Seashore Bikes & Fitness is near First Landing Park. Back Bay Getaways is on the other side of Virginia Beach in the Sandbridge area. They offer bikes and guided biking tours.
Hampton Roads Transit buses have bike racks, and their paddle-wheel ferries across the Elizabeth River allow bikes, so cyclists can cover a lot of territory from Newport News through Norfolk and on to Virginia Beach.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's