After he introduced the world to its first ice-cream cone at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, Abe Doumar founded this drive-in institution in 1934. It's still operated by his family. Waitresses carry to your car the specialties of the house: barbecue, limeade, and ice cream in waffle cones made according to an original recipe. For breakfast, try the Egg-O-Doumar, a bargain at $3.60. The Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" featured Doumars twice in 2008.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. 3 to Dec 19. Started at Chemult Oregon after 8PM. The southbound Coast Starlight ... Read more
I always get such helpful advice on the forums so I want to repay the favor by posting my trip report. There isn't a ton of informat... Read more