Bay Creek Railway is a single-car train that meanders through the peninsula flatlands north from Cape Charles for four-course dinner excursions lasting about two hours ($60) and "fun run" pizza trips lasting about one hour ($20 adults, $15 kids ages 2–12). 757/331–8770. www.baycreekrailway.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe