- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Richmond International Airport, 10 mi east of the city, Exit 197 off I-64 or Exit 31 off I-295, has scheduled flights by eight major carriers. Other nearby airports include Dulles International and Reagan National in Washington, D.C., as well as Patrick Henry in Newport News and the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport. A taxi ride to downtown Richmond from the airport costs $26-$32, and the Groom Transportation shuttle is $24 per person.
Richmond International Airport. Richard E. Byrd Terminal Dr., VA, 23250. 804/226-3000. www.flyrichmond.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe