- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Getting Here and Around
By car, interstates 95 and 64 come directly to Richmond, and state routes 1, 5, and 301 are scenic alternatives. Richmond has two Amtrak stations: one downtown and one on the west side at Staples Mill Road. Cabs are metered in Richmond; they charge $2.50 for the first mile and $1.50 for each additional mile. Greater Richmond Transit operates bus service in Richmond. Buses run daily, 5 am-1 am; fares are $1.25 (exact change required). GRTC (ridegrtc.com) has extended express routes to Petersburg ($2.50) and to Fredericksburg ($6).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's