- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Fodor's Virginia and Maryland
Westmoreland State Park
At a Glance
- extensive outdoor activities
- beautiful setting off the beaten path
- no restaurants nearby
- limited amenities
- minimum stay required
Check Rates from our Partners
Westmoreland State Park Review
This 1,300-acre, full-service park is one of Virginia's most beautiful campgrounds, with hiking trails winding through marshlands, woods, and meadows and along the Potomac River. There are also places to fish, rent boats or kayaks, or simply picnic. The comfortable, climate-controlled cabins have complete kitchens with microwave oven and toaster, dishes, silverware, and cooking utensils. Living rooms have a sofa, dining table, and working fireplace. The basic furnishings include linens for four beds. From Memorial Weekend to Labor Day Weekend there is a one-week minimum; at all other times the minimum is two nights. Westmoreland also has 133 campsites available and six camping cabins that provide a shelter but few other amenities.
- Address: 1650 State Park Rd., Rte. 1, Box 600 Montross, VA 22520-9717 | Map It
- Phone: 804/493–8821; 800/933–7275
- Website: www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/wes.shtml
- Location: George Washington Birthplace National Monument
- 27 cabins, 133 campsites.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. Read more
I always get such helpful advice on the forums so I want to repay the favor by posting my trip report. Read more
My boyfriend and I have just started planning a business/pleasure trip for the fall. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more