- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Getting Here and Around
By car, Fredericksburg is easily accessible from Interstate 95 or Route 1, about an hour north of Richmond or south of Washington, D.C. The unmanned Fredericksburg train station is two blocks from the historic district. You can ride FRED, Fredericksburg's excellent little bus, for only 50¢. Several lines serve the region and stop at all historic sites as well as shopping malls and other modern areas of the city from 7:30 am to 8 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's