- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Located in western Fairfax County, Chantilly is home to Dulles International Airport as well as the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. During the Civil War, Union and Confederate troops clashed here in the Battle of Chantilly.
Elsewhere in Northern Virginia
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $109-$119 -- Va.: Charlottesville Hotel incl. Breakfast Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
- $519 & up -- 7-Nt. Canada & New England Cruise, Save $180 Norwegian Cruise Line