- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Alexandria is only a few miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. It's easy to get there by Metrorail, taxi, water taxi, or Metrobus. Visit the Old Town sights on foot if you're prepared to walk 20 blocks or so; parking is usually scarce, especially close to the river, and the parking police seem to catch every violation (especially in alleys). The visitor center at Ramsay House will give you a 24-hour permit for free parking at any two-hour metered spot.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's