- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Known as Little Washington to differentiate it from its big sister about 60 mi away, this tiny town packs in antiques shops, galleries, custom jewelry shops, and two theaters in roughly five blocks—perfect for an afternoon stroll. In 1749 young surveyor George Washington laid out the five-block-by-two-block grid; the town claims to be the very first Washington of all.
Washington at a Glance
Elsewhere in Central and Western Virginia
- Bath County
- Blacksburg and the New River Valley
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's