- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Amtrak has service to Charlottesville and Staunton, en route from New York and Chicago. The same train stops at Clifton Forge for the Homestead Resort in Bath County, also home to the C & O Railway Heritage Center. A complimentary shuttle bus on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday connects Roanoke (Campbell Court and Roanoke Airport Sheraton) and Clifton Forge Rail Station. Amtrak's Crescent runs between New York City and New Orleans and stops daily in Lynchburg and Charlottesville.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe