- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Timing and Precautions
Skyline Drive and the rest of Shenandoah National Park can get crowded on weekends and holidays, so avoid these times if possible. Winter is a wonderful time to experience the park's rugged beauty with few crowds, but most facilities are closed and bouts of ice and snow bring out barricades on parts of the drive.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's