- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There are four entrances to the park, with the northernmost at Front Royal off I–66 and Route 340 and the southernmost at Rockfish Gap, off I–64 and Route 250. Rockfish Gap is also the northernmost entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway. In between, you can access the park at Thornton Gap via Route 211 and Swift Run Gap via Route 33. Be aware that the speed limit on Skyline Drive is 35 mph. Mileposts begin at 0.0 at the Front Royal entrance and continue to 105 at the southern end. If you're traveling with an RV, camping trailer, or horse trailer, you'll have to shift into low gear frequently and make sure you can clear Mary's Rock Tunnel, south of Thornton Gap, which measures 12[']8″.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's