- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Appalachian Trail is more than 2,000 mi long, but you don't have to go that far, or even 2,000 feet, along it to see glorious foliage, rock formations, and wildlife. The trail zigzags across Skyline Drive through the park, offering easy access by car, variable hike lengths from a few feet to many miles, and connections with the more than 400 mi of the park's own trail network. Luray, VA.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's