- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At Downriver Canoe, day and overnight trips start at $49 per canoe (or $32 per kayak, $20 per tube, and $79 per raft). 884 Indian Hollow Rd., Rte. 613 near Front Royal, Bentonville, Luray, VA, 22610. 540/635-5526 or 800/338-1963. www.downriver.com.
Front Royal Canoe offers a $20 tube trip as well as canoe, kayak, and raft trips of from one hour up to three days for $45–$150. The company also rents boats and sells fishing accessories. 8567 Stonewall Jackson Hwy., U.S. 340, near Front Royal, Luray, VA, 22630. 540/635–5440 or 800/270–8808. www.frontroyalcanoe.com.
Shenandoah River Outfitters rents canoes and kayaks for $24 to $90, and tubes from $18. 6502 S. Page Valley Rd., Rte. 684, Luray, VA, 22835. 540/743-4159. www.Shenandoah-river.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's