- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Keswick Hall at Monticello Review
If you've got the money for it, this 1912 Tuscan villa on 600 lush acres 5 mi east of Charlottesville is a luxurious, cosmopolitan retreat. Since it is now owned by the Orient-Express, you can expect the ultimate in top-drawer amenities and service. The 48 guest rooms and suites contain modern amenities like high-speed Internet and flat screen TVs, which exist in harmony with English and American antiques and claw-foot tubs. Some rooms have whirlpool baths and balconies. The 18-hole golf course, designed by Arnold Palmer, spreads across the rear of the estate. There's no check-in desk here; you are welcomed inside as if you are entering someone's home. The facilities of the private Keswick Club are open to those staying overnight.
Guests staying at this stunning country mansion are treated to everything from private airport transportation upon request to special amenities for their pooch (including treats, comfy beds, and pet sitters). Personalized service is a point of pride. Pampering extras include a Baby Butler catering to parents' child-care needs, and a Love Butler who can arrange private meals and champagne delivery.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I always get such helpful advice on the forums so I want to repay the favor by posting my trip report. Read more
My mom (62) and I (32) wanted to enjoy a long weekend away together over the MLK holiday. Read more
Planning a visit to the Virginia Beach area. Read more
· News & Features
Celebrate Presidents Day today with a trip to the plantation home of our third Commander-in-Chief, Thomas ... Read more