Virginia Tech Review
With more than 30,000 students at its nine colleges and graduate school, Virginia Tech is the state's largest university. A small college just a few decades ago, Tech is now known for top-notch research programs and its Hokies football team, regularly ranked in the top 10. The focal point of the sprawling campus is the Drillfield, a vast green space surrounded by hefty neo-Gothic buildings built of what is known locally as "Hokie Stone" masonry.
The Virginia Museum of Natural History at Virginia Tech presents rotating exhibits on local and national wildlife; a separate geology museum in Derring Hall displays gems and minerals. 428 N. Main St., 24061. 540/231-3001.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
General outline of the trip that DW and I took Dec. 3 to Dec 19. Started at Chemult Oregon after 8PM. The southbound Coast Starlight ... Read more
I always get such helpful advice on the forums so I want to repay the favor by posting my trip report. There isn't a ton of informat... Read more