Nightlife & the Arts in Central and Western Virginia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Central and Western Virginia Nightlife & the Arts
American Shakespeare Center
Experience Shakespeare's plays the way the Elizabethans did at...
From February through the Christmas season, audiences flock to...
Garth Newel Music Center
Garth Newel Music Center has weekend chamber-music performances...
Shenandoah Valley Music Festival
The Shenandoah Valley Music Festival brings classical, jazz...
Virginia Festival of the Book
In March, Virginia Festival of the Book draws authors that have...
Virginia Film Festival
Every autumn, Charlottesville hosts the Virginia Film Festival...
The Wayside Theatre
The Wayside Theatre is the second-oldest regional theater company...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $109-$119 -- Va.: Charlottesville Hotel incl. Breakfast Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North