- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Route 29, one of the major north-south highways in the state, runs directly through the heart of Lynchburg and can be accessed from most major interstates. From D.C., head west on I-66 to 29 south. Your exit sign will most likely say "Rt. 29/501 to Lynchburg." In many areas, Route 29 has bypasses around major cities: for example, it intersects I-64 at Charlottesville with a by-pass around the town. If you're not in a hurry, you can also take Route 60 from Richmond to Route 29, rather than I-64.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's