- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Heading south on I-81, Harrisonburg is 18 miles from New Market. Many of the region's Mennonites still drive horse-drawn buggies, so be on the lookout on the secondary roads and highways in this rural region. The city itself, home to James Madison University, combines the energy of the college crowd with its historic past, and the visitor center is located in the heart of town in the historic Hardesty-Higgins House.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's