- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dayton is best known for its large Mennonite population, whose black horse-drawn buggies share the road with latter-day SUVs, and for its extensive farmers' market with handcrafted goods and foods from the region.
Dayton at a Glance
Elsewhere in Central and Western Virginia
- Bath County
- Blacksburg and the New River Valley
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's