- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The Blue Ridge Parkway begins near Waynesboro and Shenandoah National Park (milepost 0), which is also the end point of Skyline Drive. It runs 469 miles and ends at the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. You can access the parkway from all major federal and state highways, and there are explicit directions posted on the Virginia Department of Transportation Web site for access from I-64, I-81, and I-77. The speed limit is 45 mph and since the road is winding, if you're traveling in an RV or large vehicle, be prepared to allow a little extra time for the trip.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's