- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hiking and Mountain Biking
At Douthat State Park there are more than 40 mi of well-signed, smoothly groomed, and sometimes steep trails for hiking and biking. The trails pass by waterfalls and majestic overlooks. 14239 Douthat State Park Rd., Exit 27, 7 mi north of I-64 near Clifton Forge, VA, 24460. 540/862-8100.
The Warm Springs Ranger District of the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests has information on hundreds of miles of local trails. VA. 540/839-2521.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Hiking and Mountain Biking
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe