- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Homestead has three excellent 18-hole golf courses. The par-70, 6,679-yard Cascades course, the site of USGA and Senior PGA events, has gently sloped fairways amid rugged terrain. The par-72, 6,752-yard Lower Cascades course, designed by Robert Trent Jones, has more wide-open fairways with many bunkers and breaks. The par-72, 6,211-yard Old Course is most famous for its first tee, established in 1892. It's the oldest tee still in continuous use in the United States. Rte. 220, Hot Springs, VA, 24445. 540/839-1766 or 800/838-1766. www.thehomestead.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's