- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
At the junction of Routes 11 and 103, Chester is the town that time forgot. Gingerbread Victorians line the town green, the pharmacy on Main Street has been in continuous operation since the 1860s, and the hardware store across from the train station opened in 1858. It's an easy stop to explore all the shops on the green in an hour.
Chester at a Glance
Elsewhere in Southern Vermont
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's